Countdown to Venturefest 2019!
As the countdown to Venturefest 2019 on 17 June continues we’ve got the latest from the organisers on what you can expect when the day comes.
Here are just a few highlights we’re looking forward to at the single biggest knowledge exchange between tech investors, innovators and academics in the region this year. For anyone who hasn’t yet booked their place tickets are available here: www.venturefest-sw.co.uk Tickets for the event are £40 (plus VAT) and include all panels and workshops, Innovation Showcase exhibition and general exhibition, the Pitchfest finals plus lunch and refreshments.
Panel Discussions – An impressive line-up of industry leaders will discuss:
- Agritech: Opportunities in farming technology for increasing food production, reducing waste and minimising environmental impact. Full line up here.
- AI and Big Data: Current & future opportunities of Big Data & AI in business. Full line up here.
- Environment: The commercial opportunities resulting from a circular economy for plastics in the south west. Full line up here.
- Marine: A doubling of the Ocean Economy predicted by 2030 and the future opportunities in Offshore Renewable Energy. Full line up here.
- Space: Space exploration opportunities and challenges for South West businesses. Full line up here.
- Creative: Virtual reality and immersive technologies, investing in digital design and manufacture for product development and sustainable design thinking plus start up support for creative industries Full line up here.
- Start-ups and Scale ups: Grant Funding, Angel Funding, Venture Funding and Accelerating Growth for Start-Up and Scale-Up businesses. Full line up here.
22 of the region’s high-growth potential tech businesses will be pitching their innovations to investors and influencers at Pitchfest, the live pitching competition. More here.
With 17 workshops to choose from podcasting to manufacturing licences, there is a workshop for all start-ups to get involved with. Workshops are free but you must register in advance. Register here.
Fly over the River Exe estuary without leaving Sandy Park, meet Pepper the healthcare robot who knows how you feel and taste a Devon produced yellow split pea milk. Over 20 cutting-edge technology innovations from South West start-ups and entrepreneurs will be on display in the Innovation Showcase sponsored by Thomas WestcottFull details here.
Venturefest South West is supported by:
Lead Partners: The Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN), Falmouth University, the University of Plymouth, University of Exeter, Plymouth College of Art, Heart of the South West LEP, South West Academic Health Science Network, Plymouth City Council and Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP).
VIP Sponsors: AeroSpace Cornwall, Michelmores, Thomas Westcott
Sponsors: Impact Lab, Plymouth Science Park, SET Squared Exeter, Stephens Scown